Sunday, April 18, 2010

A cure for the common cold

Dear Mom and Dad,

Well, another week has blown by. I was sick this week. I had a cold for just 2-3 days. Our area medical advisers told us to take a HOT shower and then wrap up in a blanket for 10 hours. I did that one night and the cold went away pretty quick. I was talking to Sister Richards and she said, "A cold never goes away that fast- it must have worked!" So we were able to get back to work quickly.

Things are going so well here. We are being blessed. Tweed Heads could very possibly be my favorite area. We have transfers in a week so I'm crossing my fingers. :) The area is so big that it can be overwhelming at times but then if you just rely on the Lord, things turn out great. We had 3 investigators at church this week so things are very exciting now. We haven't set baptism dates for the dates we lost, but we have plans to. Pray!!

We got a new Ward Mission Leader. His name is Brother Taulepa. He was raised in Hawaii and is Tongan. We have Family Home Evening every Monday night at his awesome house. They are so great for our investigators to go to. The spirit is strong in their home, they share a message, play a game and then have snack foods. The best is everyone just talking afterwards. Relationships are made and investigators don't feel so overwhelmed at church. We have one potential baptism coming up because of FHE.

I am doing great here. Things are going well. I love you mom and dad.
God Speed the Right
-Elder Hales

No comments: