Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dear Mom and Dad,

Sounds like things are going well! Tell Cheri I say get well soon!!!!


Things here have been awesome. Today is transfers and guess what..... I'M STAYING! Elder Willie and I are staying. I have been telling President about the improvements we have been having with the work so I am so glad. My district is changing quite a bit but change is always good.

My Bishop here in Tweeds is probably my favourite Bishop I've served for yet. He has a very different way of doing things but he is so spiritual and completely the man for the job. I was listening to a talk by Elder Eyring and he said the words: "the Lord would know who he has serving in EVERY position in his church." I know that is the case with our Bishop. On Sunday at the end of sacrament meeting he got up and asked everyone to fast and said we would have a fast break on Monday night at 6. He said: "I don't know the rules with using the chapel on Monday night but we will overlook that." Bishop Rapana is my hero.

Our most progressing investigator is Ben, who we talked about last
week. He is doing so great and Elder Willie and I just have a connection with him so please pray for him. We will be setting a baptism date with him tomorrow.

Things are going so awesome. The work is great. The more families' homes I go in, the more I realize how I'm going to raise my family. When the home revolves around Christ, the kids choose the right. I have learned a lot about priorities lately.
Love you all.
-Elder Hales

No comments: