Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Be Grateful


Temple Trip

Dear Mum and Dad,
I haven't received any mail in a long time. There aren't any Office Elders anymore so it was a Senior missionary couple that sent you the papers of my release. And they aren't able to get mail to us as often. They need to put fun, cool, awesome, good-looking missionaries back in there.

It was fantastic to go to the temple today. President Richards once told us that if we pray for an hour of gratitude it's an amazing experience. I tried last night but yesterday was such a big day that I only got 30 min. and had to crash out. I wanted to do it before going to the temple though.

Traveling to and from the temple was my favorite. Its been a long time since there have been a mass crowd of people to talk to-- now that I'm in the country. I talked to people for maybe an hour straight and only got one potential investigator. She seemed sincere though.

I have been very blessed this week. In fact, we saw many miracles this week. Our family that we have been teaching, the Galapon's, are doing so great!!! We had a miracle lesson with them this week which ended up lasting about 2 hours!! Kinda long but we took our Elders Quorum President who lives close and he is EXCELLENT fellowship. We watched the Restoration DVD and the kids were begging for us to teach the Plan of Salvation so we did. The spirit was strong but we could tell something was wrong. Our fellowship, Brother Raven, did an excellent job and got their concern out quickly. Their father who works in a city in northern Queensland, is opposed to them going to church and being baptized. BUT, they know its true!!!!!! So we have been fasting and praying for them and we know they will be baptized. Please pray for them!

I LOVE this ward so much. I love working with them. Our Bishop is my favorite Bishop I have served for on my mission. Yesterday we were walking by our Relief Society President's house and she came out and asked if its okay if they go by to say hello to the Galapon family. How awesome is that! Especially since the Galapon's live a 40 min. drive away!
Things with me have been awesome. I think I have said before that I am finally realizing how to be a missionary. Just today I realized how much of a difference I have had in recognizing when others feel the spirit. We are working with a total of 8 people and we have 8 baptism dates. Not all are completely solid. The Brethren asked us to set a baptism date the first lesson. Thank you for your prayers. They are working!

Love you all and love you mom and dad,
-Elder Hales

No comments: