Thursday, January 15, 2009

Last email from the MTC

Jan. 15

Mom - DAD!!!!

How are things in Los Angeles? I'll be there Monday night! I know I told you in the letter I would be there in the morning- but it is actually Monday night from 10:05 to 11:50pm. I'm allowed to call so is it okay if I call from LAX in between those times?
Tucson sounded fun!

Well, I love this cold up here. Woke up this morning and went straight to the laundry room (beat the crowd) and didn't wear a sweatshirt... but I'll be in the heat soon enough!
Tell my nieces and nephew to stop listening to ABBA and give them a tape of Bella's lullaby! :) Or an EFY CD! :)

Well this last week is Crazy! I almost have the second lesson down. But the second lesson is so long so it might take another day or two... But the MTC is so cool! Last Preparation day - around 3:00, we went up to the temple and did a session. I loved it! It was so small but so great! I get to go again today.
My schedule here is so busy! That's probably why the very first day was so long, and why these 2 weeks went so fast. My teachers are amazing! Brother Jenkins and Sister Packer were totally meant to be our teachers. They are pretty cool. Brother Jenkins was an awesome missionary in Oregon or something. Which reminds me about my companion. I can't remember if I told you but my companion is from Dallas, Oregon and is such a runner. We get gym time for 50 min. every other day and he does nothing but run, do stairs and stuff like that. I get all over the Volleyball court and also the 4 square court. :)
We have been keeping our head in the Preach my Gospel for the last 2 weeks and it's so amazing! I love it! Elder Holland spoke to us Tue. night. We sang Praise to the Man, Called to Serve and I sang in the choir. We sang Jesus, Once of Humble Birth. Elder Holland's talk was So good!!! SO GOOD!!! He told us that we are going to have HARD times on our missions, but if Jesus Christ our Lord fell on his face in the Garden and bled from every pore, we can at least walk the perimeter of the Garden of Gethsemane. They need us for the full 24 months working hard! I loved it so much. We closed with "I am a Child of God". (*note from Mom: do you KNOW how hard it was to get him to join a choir at home or even sing out?? Aren't missions fabulous?)

Love you all and I'll be praying for you!
God Speed the Right!

- Elder Adam Hales!

No comments: