Monday, May 4, 2009

Holiday week


OYE! How ya goin?

MITCHELL GOT HIS MISSION CALL!!!! NO WAY!! HE'S THE MAN! Tell him I say congrats and that he is going to LOVE the hood!

Elder Winder is so right. Time flies too quick.

As far as money- I have had to use a little more than I like lately. We have been cursed with flat tires. I got 2 in one week. Luckily Elder Tietjen is like Dad and knows how to do everything, so I have him do it. :) He is a lot quicker than I am. I love my companion.
In transfers in 2-3 weeks I'm getting nervous 'cause it's possible one of us could go- and I'm certain there is no missionary like Elder Tietjen when it comes to working. I love it.

These last 2 weeks have been hard. We have had to chop about 6 investigators cause they stopped progressing. Now Darren is on the chopping block. I love that guy. Since he has been meeting with us and reading, his life has been blessed so much!! He has kind of taken those blessing and ran with them. He doesn't meet with us as much. We have to be really bold with him this Wednesday.
Gregory is our one really progressing investigator right now. He is great. He is aboriginal and one of the most humble and shy guys I've met. He is not the stereotypical aboriginal. He is 100 percent cowboy!! We have taught him 3 times now and he came to church 2 days ago. We asked him how he liked it and all he said was "It's truth." They speak like that- so we are getting excited. The only problem is that he has a partner and a family with a nice house. Just not married. So that should be an adventure! Maybe try to get them baptized the same day as their wedding. He has read up to the 21st chapter of 1st Nephi but his comprehension is 0%. Pray for him.
Carissa has moved down to Brisbane for 4 weeks to see how she likes this job she just got. We watched the Restoration with her. She liked it. She said yes to baptism the first time we met with her. Hopefully she continues to read the Book of Mormon down south.
I spoke in church last week. It was good. They had me speak on the blessings of being a missionary and how this gospel changes lives. So basically my life. They said they really wanted me to be "fun" in my talk, so I started with an analogy about a surfing story I had. I went over by 10 min. and so they started kicking me. :) I only looked down at my notes 2 times. Mom, you would be proud. :)

Today is our P-day cause yesterday was a public holiday. Great time to work! In the morning we had a District party. (we would call it a Stake party) And that was in Atherton. Its very cooler up there. It was nice. For about 5 seconds I was almost cold! It was sports day. Elder Tietjen, of course, won the Cross Country race. It was nice cause it was in a huge field so I could see my companion the whole time. We also played a little Touch Football. (Rugby)
Talk to ya next week. We will use our mobile's with a calling card. I don't think that will cost you anything. Hope not. Call you on your Mothers Day.
Love you all.
God Speed the Right

Elder Hales

No comments: