Wednesday, May 27, 2009

From an expert

Orietta emailed and explained about the Didgeridoo:

By the way, it is pronounced Didge-er-ree-doo. Digde as in ridge. It is hard to play - you need to make your lips vibrate (like a Brrrrrr sound) as you pout them out and you need to keep doing that as you blow out slightly through your mouth. You need to breathe in through your nose and breathe out through your mouth. Hard to explain via email. Easier to show you. I can't play one because I can't do the lip bit properly and I think I remember hearing that females are not supposed to play them but I am not sure why.

And now we know the rest of the story . . .

2 comments:

Gary and Michelle said...

I think you should make David learn how to play it and do a special musical number at Adam's homecomming.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't call myself an expert. I think learning to play for Elder Hale's homecoming is a great idea though.