Saturday, September 26, 2009

Advice for member missionaries

DEAR FAMILY!
Aw -- such a good-busy-stressful week! But things have been going great!
Marshall has been progressing well. He went to church down in New South Wales and his baptism will be coming up. It's such an honor to teach him! A blessing from our Father in Heaven. Marshall has been prepared for a long time. I don't know if I told you, but he quit smoking and drinking 3 months ago and LOVES reading the Book of Mormon. His comprehension is great too!

Our other investigator would be baptized by now but she isn't reading the Book of Mormon. I haven't really had an opportunity to dig into that situation because we are so stinkin' busy. Office work is great. It's a lot harder than proselyting- that's for sure. Only because the whole time I am thinking: "Aw, I wish I was tracting right now."

Transfers are this week already. This transfer flew by too fast. My companion, Elder Hurst, has been training me on how to be mission secretary and I'm not sure I got it all down. I'll probably be calling him a lot in his new area in a few days. Transfers are all figured out already. Its really exciting. There are 3 AP's right now and 2 are leaving to train greenies.

We went to the temple with President Richards on Friday. It was great. He is so knowledgeable. He would answer all of our questions.

You asked if I have any suggestions on getting missionary work rolling! BOY, DO I!!!! I LOVE THIS STUFF! Well, all the leaders must lead by example! That's the hard part. I bear my testimony that if you pray earnestly for missionary opportunities, that they WILL COME! We know that God answers our prayers. We must also pray that we will recognize these opportunities when they come.

This week my testimony of Sacrament meeting grew so much. I often thought of it as "church"- which it is church... but Sacrament meeting is so much more. It's not called "Members give talks meeting". It's the Sacrament. There is so much to learn about the Sacrament it gets me so EXCITED! When we take the sacrament- we make a covenant! A promise with God. And he holds us to that promise. Are we always remembering Him?
I love this gospel. I love being a missionary.
I love you mom and dad!
-Elder Adam Hales

No comments: