Saturday, January 16, 2010

Another Apostle visit

Dear Mum and Pa,

Things have been going great. I can't remember if I told you, but we actually are a very lucky mission. Probably the best in the world! We have Elder Christofferson coming the 26th of this month to address us! This will be my 3rd Apostle and 4th General Authority. I can't even explain how awesome it is to be in the Australia Brisbane Mission with President Richards!

This week has been so busy as always, but there was one experience I wanted to share this week. We have found a new investigator and her name is Sarah. She is a media referral and has some friends that are members. We were able to teach her the first lesson this week. She seems very keen but somehow we have not been able to teach her for 2 weeks until last Sunday, we drop by and catch her right before she is leaving with the members. We plan a time to meet on Tuesday. On Tuesday we could not get in touch with her and the last few days we could not get fellowship but we decide to stop by anyway. While we were driving up, a thought came to me and I asked my companions if we should teach no matter what -- even if it's in the front yard. I love thoughts that come. :) We walked away from teaching her in her garage with the huge door open sitting on little plastic boxes, but I knew she felt the spirit and that put a smile on all our faces.

I love this work. I love being a missionary. I know the gospel is true.
I am sending your packages THIS WEEK for sure. I commit myself to it. Sorry- we are so busy and can't mail anything on our P-day (Saturday) because the Post is closed.
God Speed the Right!
-Elder Hales

No comments: