Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

G'Day!
Wow! It has been the best year of my life and I am going to make it an even better year this year.

We had zone conference this week and President Richards answered a lot of questions about the Plan of Salvation. It was amazing! The spirit was so strong. One of the greatest things I learned was that there is only one kind of perfect. Only one. I want to be a perfect missionary and a lot of times in the past I have tried to be different to gain trust of members. Now that I think back, I want members to think that I am a perfect missionary. Elder Holland told us in the MTC that we should give members every right to think that we are perfect. Of course we are not but that really put things into perspective with me. Christ was perfect. To make it to the Celestial Kingdom we have to be perfect. Are we trying to be perfect when we try to be different? No. :-)

This week has been great. We contacted a referral which is gold. We really felt like she is ready to hear the message that will change her life. The message that makes us perfect.
Thank you for your prayers. I feel them and am strengthened by them. Things couldn't be better. I love you mom and dad!
God Speed the right,
-Elder Hales

Siblings:
It was great to talk to all of you. I pray for the best for you!

**Note from mom: On New Years Eve, Adam hit his one year mark. I am amazed that it has gone by so quickly. Hopefully this last year will too.

No comments: