Saturday, January 9, 2010

Everything is amazing and exciting

Dear Mum and Dad,
Things have been so amazing and great I don't know where to start, like always.
Ha ha, yes I was able to play Santa Claus this year. That was fun. (* The office elders drove a van around and pulled a trailer to deliver all the gifts for the missionaries.)

Kelly Winder is such an awesome kid. I love him so much and am so excited to hear he got his call to Phili! Let him know that I am so excited for him, that he is going into the most important years of his life, and that I have a letter going his way.

I have been so excited lately. Things have been hard but still so smooth. Elder Lines, my new companion with Elder Mooney, is such a good missionary. I am able to learn so much from him.

Last Sunday I had one of those amazing moments as a missionary. One of those that just make you so full of joy. It was just a regular day at church. I was talking to a member and then turned around when they sat down and saw Tim Fenner right in front of me. I totally did a double take but I just gave him a huge hug and told him how great it was to see him. We caught up for a minute and he said that he got the letter I sent and in reply he found out where I was serving and decided to make the 30 min. drive up to Chermside to visit me for the new year!

My companions and I sat next to him in church and he got up to bear his testimony. It was such a great experience to see that he is still way strong and firm on the Gospel. He also mentioned his New Year goal is to be like "living waters." It's about how something so soft can be so powerful to break down rocks. How fast it can move and how if it stops it can get stale and bad. He related that to how he always wants to be progressing and moving forward in the Gospel. I thought it was great since if we do cease to read the scriptures and pray, we will lose that zeal we have about the gospel.

I bore my testimony after he did about how much I love missionary work. How much joy it brings. I know I am involved in the most important work there is. How great is my calling?! I know that the Lord leads and guides our prophet.
It's true!
Love you all!
-Elder Adam Hales

No comments: