Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Finally!

Dear mom and dad,

All of us are really sad President Richards will be leaving. We are excited for President Langeland too, though. (the new Mission President in July) Yesterday we had interviews with President Richards. They are so awesome. He opens up for any questions with unlimited time. While I was in the office he said that "where else are young adult men going to get unlimited interview time with an experienced Priesthood leader?"

We got to go to the temple this morning. Awesome because Tweed Heads is the lowest area that gets to go to the temple. We have a train station at the top of our area so we drove there and took an hour and a half train ride up to Brisbane.

This week was so great. Elder Tauiliili and I are working hard. Our ward is really great and keeping us busy. We don't have any baptism dates yet which is a bummer but we will soon. We have one investigator who is Seventh Day and he said that he got an answer to his prayer that the Book of Mormon isn't true. I asked my Zone Leader what he would say in that situation. He said its fair game to be WAY bold. So it went extremely well! :-) I committed him to read a chapter a day and pray everyday to know if the Book of Mormon is true and seek an answer from the Holy Ghost. He said, "This is really important to you isn't it? What do you know that I don't?" And I said, "That the Book of Mormon is scripture." He said that he would read a chapter a day. I pray we don't have to stop teaching him because that is what we will have to do if he doesn't keep that.
I really can't write much today.
Love you all
God Speed the right
-Elder Adam Hales

No comments: