Sunday, August 8, 2010

Carly's Wedding


Dear Family:


Tanner is a little champion. Do you think he will be a linebacker, lineman, or rugby player? The picture of the wedding is awesome. The colors look pretty good!! Emma looks like Cheri, Cheri looks like Mom, and mom you look really good! Happy Birthday Tyler and before I forget, Happy Birthday Cheri!!! :) I know it's a long time away. Carly- who am I going to protect with my muscles now? Congrats and your dress is really nice.

Another week has flown by. There are a lot of changes in the mission, as I'm sure you heard about because it is world wide. This week I have had to re-schedule some lessons because all day Wednesday and Thursday we have a leadership meeting...?... All day for two days? President Langeland has told us as well that he doesn't like to shift missionaries because numbers go down so I am hoping to stay in Tweed for a little longer. The work has progressed so much. At church on Sunday I am running around trying to talk to everyone and set up lessons with the non-members that are there.

I had a great experience yesterday. We have had an investigator named Steven for some time now. I love the guy so much and want so bad for him to get an answer that the Book of Mormon is true but he has been doing more research on whether the America's had horses and wheat than just reading the Book of Mormon and seeking an answer from the Holy Ghost. I knew it was time to let him go but I have wanted him to be baptized so bad! He is the investigator who has read thousands of book on religion. We had our last lesson last night. Our Zone Leaders gave me a sheet of paper that proves Joseph Smith to be a prophet to give to Steven and Elder Willie told him that we would bring it to him sometime. I then told him what the paper is and told him... "I'm not going to give it to you." We started laughing. But then I started to get emotional as I testified to him that I want so much for him to get an answer from Heavenly Father that it's true. I told him that I know the Book of Mormon is true and that he doesn't need proof of any kind. That all he needs to do is read it, and pray sincerely to know and God WILL answer his prayer. I told him that that feeling that was there was the Spirit. I have the strongest impression that someday he will be baptized.

Yesterday I got acupuncture for the first time in my life. We had dinner with a chiropractor in the ward. Elder Willie's back has really been acting up, so he fixed up his back, and the chiropractor's son is studying Acupuncture right now so when he saw how scared I am of needles he was excited to stick one in each hand and one in each foot. It's hard to explain but I had bloodshot eyes before, and after the needles, my eyes were white. Still, the spirit is so much better! :)

I love you all. Thank you all for everything. Thank you for the prayers. Miracles have and are coming!!!!!!
-Elder Hales

No comments: