Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Transfer

Dear Mom and Dad,

I don't know where to start!!!
So that family we have been teaching... the miracle that occurred as I was emailing home... dropped us like 3rd period French. Stab to the heart! Said they were going back to the Catholic church.

This morning was transfers. I had no idea what to expect. I have been transferred to the Somerset Ward. It is in the sticks and the complete opposite of my last area. Tweed Heads is what everyone would call "posh" or nice and fancy. It is safe to say that my new area is the "Ocotepeque" of the Australia Brisbane Mission. (*Ocotepeque was an area/city in Honduras that his older brother served in. Distant and challenging.) I have 3 more transfers and I am looking forward to working so hard here I get bloody. My companion is Elder Walston. He is from Brigham City. This area is very large. For District Meeting we have to drive 45 min. to a chapel in Toowoomba. I have not been to our flat yet but it's in the city of Laidley. Completely country. There won't be any surfers here! I am excited and can't wait to tell you more about it next week!
As for Tweed Heads, I didn't really say goodbye to many members there. To a select few. Alan King was one of them. From the first month I was in Tweed Heads he was way less active. The last Sunday I was in Tweed Heads, he taught the Gospel Principles class! It was great. He is strong.

Last night I left with a bang where we taught a member referral. It went awesome! It's one of our Ward Missionaries' ex-boyfriend who is from Brazil. His name is Tiago and he is a complete surfer, so we had another surfer (who also shapes surfboards) have all of us over for dinner and taught him afterwards. It went really well. Hard because of the language barrier, but he felt the Spirit.

My mind is running at a thousand miles an hour so I'll wrap it up and write more next week.
Love you all
Love you mom and dad,
-Elder Hales

No comments: